Less spam, lots of space, secure browsing and built-in chats are some of the good reasons everybody uses Gmail. But there are some not so obvious handy features which makes Gmail even super cool. Here I give you a brief summary of what these features are about and how to use them to enhance your Gmail experience.
Simply sign in to your Gmail account.
1. Click on the Setting Wheel (as shown in screenshot below), and select Settings.
Now go to Labs
From here you can enable any additional feature to improve the functions of your Gmail.
My favourite labs features are as followed:
Inbox Preview helps you see a static preview of your inbox while loading Gmail. This feature is very useful if you’re using a slow internet connection or travelling.
Mark as Read button Tired of spending all that effort to click on the more actions menu every time you want to mark messages as read without reading them? Now just enable this lab and that is just a button click away!
Sender Time Zone shows you the current time zone of the sender. The time at sender’s side shall help you determine, whether you should reply to email or just call back.
Undo Send By enabling this feature, you can stop sending an email after few seconds of hitting send button.
Unread Message Icon quickly shows you the number of unread message in your inbox by giving a quick glance at tab icon.
This is it. Are you using Gmail Labs before, or not? Share your thoughts below in comments.
- Two Quick Tips for Your Google Chrome (tweetpluslike.wordpress.com)
- 9 Gmail Labs features I cannot live without (noulakaz.net)
- Gmail Email Scheduler : Send Emails Later With Right Inbox (madrasgeek.com)
- How to Easily Create Website for Group or Class (tweetpluslike.wordpress.com)
If you like this post, please consider sharing it with your friends.